- Electrodes: 2 electrodes, each approximately 1” X 1” stainless steel-mesh
- Dimensions: Approximately 2.65”W X 2.30”H X 1.15”L (enclosure only)
- Charging Time: Approx. 7 hours (new battery, varies over time)
- Output: 120V to 200V pulsed proprietary wave form
- Battery Charger: 5 VDC, 1.0 Amp wall transformer
- Operational Time: Approx. 6 1/2 hours (in water)
- Power: Internal 3.7V Li-ion battery
- Weight: Approximately 7 oz.
- Depth: 200 feet maximum
Includes Universal Voltage Converter/Charger. NoShark is activated by simply being submerged in salt water. It is rechargeable with an active life of approximately 5 to 6 1/2 hours. Attach to any limb or your gear for the ultimate shark protection.
Sharks possess a sense called electroreception that allows them to receive very small electrical signals. NOSHARK works by emitting a high voltage proprietary signal to deter sharks. It is a small device worn around the ankle that works for hours with just one charge. Our research concluded signal strength alone is not an effective means to deter sharks. Equally, if not more important, is the signal wave form.
The device sends out an electric pulse that short-circuits the gel in a shark’s nose. The device, which measures two inches by two inches and weighs about seven ounces, is designed to be worn by divers. The device has been tested on more than 40 sharks ranging from six to 11 feet in length. It comes with a built-in battery that lasts 5 to 7 hours and can be re-charged just like a cell phone.