The Ocean Hunter Dyneema bridles are the perfect accessory to make your own rubbers.
- The Bridles are made using two Ocean Hunter moulded plastic bridle beads
- Ideal to put in your emergency supplies pack in your dive bag
- Sold as 5 completed Dyneema bridles in a pack
- Beads have been rounded with no sharp edges
- Dyneema cord has a breaking strain of 180kg
- Made using 2 strands of 2mm Dyneema cord
- Perfect accessory to build your own rubbers
The Ocean Hunter Double Dyneema bridles key difference over the single Dyneema bridles is the doubles are made with two strands of 2mm Dyneema. The principle idea in their construction is even though there are two strands when you load the Dyneema strand into the shaft notch; you only load one strand in. It does not matter which strand loads but only load 1 strand. Then if due to wear and tear you cut/break a Dyneema strand you have a second to keep using so you can keep spearing for the day. It’s the same principle as a spare tyre on your car encase you get a flat.
The Ocean Hunter double Dyneema bridles come in a 5 pack enabling you to build 5 new rubbers. Simply push the bead of the bridle into the rubber end and tie a constrictor knot around the rubber. After doing this to both of the rubber ends, you have now completed your speargun rubber.
The Ocean Hunter double Dyneema bridles beads on the ends of the bridles, have all the edges rounded smooth as to not damage or cut the rubber once inserted into the rubber. A very common occurrence with bridles over time is they wear and snap, so it’s a great idea to always have a few spare in your emergency dive kit. We also highly recommend buying a bridle insert T-tool, which makes pushing the bridle beads into the rubber ends extremely easy as opposed to using pliers.