- Holds up to 125ft (38m) x 272kg (600lb.) Dyneema/spectra line
- The only “semi-automatic” reel on the spearfishing market
- Assembled with 10-24 Screws for mounting on RIFFE
- Made from composite materials (Nylon Fiberglass)
- Flat mount suited for Euro-style spearguns
- Stainless Steel bail to prevent line tangle
- Also available in a larger size (Original)
- Lever style drag control with 4 positions
- Compact and lightweight at 170grams
- Spool width 9.8cm & height5cm
- DOES NOT INCLUDE LINE
The Riffe Horizontal reel is as its name says a reel that will mount horizontally under your speargun. This is the Low-Pro (low profile) horizontal reel which is the smaller of the 2 sizes allowing you to fill the reel with approximately 38meters of 600lb. Dyneema or similar cord. As it’s the smaller of the two sizes, it’s additionally more compact and lightweight than the (original), weighing only 170grams.
The Riffe reel is the only “semi-automatic” reel on the spearfishing market with a lever style drag control with 4 positions.
Stop#1 – Free spool (bailout)
Stop#2 – Light drag (out) with full automatic free spool (in)
Stop#3 – Medium drag (out) with full automatic free spool (in)
Stop#4 – Heavy drag
The Riffe reels compact low-profile designs is made of composite materials (Nylon-Fiberglass) including heat treated aluminium parts with a hard anodized surface. The key focus was to build a reel with a lighter weight and a lower profile which would aid in quicker tracking and maneuverability.
The flat mount is suited for the Riffe Euro Series spearguns and other RIFFE models using thread inserts or it may be mounted with wood screws placed in pre-drilled holes. The Riffe horizontal reel can mount on other speargun brands/models of similar styles provided you purchase the reel with the correct mounting bracket. The two styles of brackets are the Flat mount and the radial mount and the horizontal reel is available with both styles. If you are unsure of which style you need to purchase please contact spearfishing superstore staff for assistance.