- New heavy duty metal 350 trigger mechanism (muzzle tested 350kg)
- Available in 95cm, 105cm, 115cm and 125cm in length
- Supplied with a bridge to turn into a closed muzzle
- Soft rubber loading pad at the rear of the handle
- Aircraft grade aluminium alloy elliptical barrel
- Enlarged profile for a better hydrostatic trim
- Ergonomic handle with left and right butt
- High-stretch 16mm Latex power bands
- Anchor point at the base of the handle
- Trigger sensitivity adjustment
- Open multi-band muzzle
- Teflon shaft guide
- Dyneema bridle
The Salvimar Hero speargun comes in a variety of sizes to suit what you are targeting when spearfishing. Shorter guns are used more when spearfishing in dirty water and around caves and shorelines. Longer spearguns are used more for in cleaner water where you need to shoot from a greater distance due to the fish not letting you get as close.
The reverse trigger mechanism allows the shaft to load back further into the handle compared to standard handles. That then sets the bridle notches further back, allowing you to get more stretch out of your rubbers when loading them. This, in turn, provides greater power to propel your spear faster to help penetrate through the fish.
The Hero speargun comes fitted with 16mm latex power bands with a Dyneema bridle. The shafts are made from 17-4PH spring stainless steel. They have excellent corrosion resistance combined with great penetration through fish and bones.
The barrel aluminium barrel has an elliptical shape to it which allows it to track left and right better through the water as you are targeting fish. The barrel is fitted with a Teflon shaft guide which adds to the smooth take-off of the shaft when it is fired.
The handle has been ergonomically designed and can be fitted with a left or right moulding depending on what suits you. The muzzle is an open style muzzle by design but it also comes with a simple attachment that allows you to convert it into a closed muzzle depending on your preference.